Friday 22 March 2013

Kaffe Fassett: a life in colour





A few evenings ago I visited the preview of Kaffe Fassett: a life in colour, the new exhibition from the Fashion and Textile Museum. It was such a delightful evening and as you can see above I got to chat with the curator Sue Timney. You can read a full review of the exhibition on my other blog but I wanted to share some pictures here as it was a hugely inspirational night for me. I love Fassett's needlepoint cushions especially the Buddha and these little Victorian children. My other favourites are his interiors, his book Glorious Interiors is a must buy; it has inspired my life and aesthetic in so many ways. I am now after a full cabbage dinner set so I can recreate Kaffe's amazing garden table scene.

Below are some delights from glorious interiors

                    Kaffe Fassett's Living room

                            Mosaic garden


 

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful post, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I want it all.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, this is so lovely! Wish I could have been there to see it, too - sooo inspirational... everything! <3

    ReplyDelete